Jewelry and Coin Affair Temecula California
7 Things About diamonds Your Boss Wants to Know1. The ancient Romans and Greeks believed that diamonds were tears cried by the gods or splinters from falling stars, and Romans believed that Cupid’s arrows were tipped with diamonds.
2. Diamonds are billions of years old, and often are more than three billion years old.
3. Diamonds form about 100 miles below ground and have been carried to the earth’s surface by deep volcanic eruptions.
4. Diamonds are made of a single element—they’re nearly 100% carbon. Under the immense heat and pressure far below the earth’s surface, the carbon atoms bond in a unique way that results in diamonds’ beautiful and rare crystalline structure.
5. The word diamond derives from the Greek word “adamas,” which means invincible or indestructible.
6. Diamonds are the very hardest natural substance. The only thing that can scratch a diamond is another diamond.
7. Diamonds have been valued and coveted for thousands of years. There is evidence that diamonds were being collected and traded in India as early as the fourth century BC. In the first century AD, the Roman naturalist Pliny is quoted as having said, “Diamond is the most valuable, not only of precious stones, but of all things in this world.”